e: travis @ travisgillett.com
Truth is stranger than fiction. Travis Gillett works to capture the surreal, the fantastic, and to illustrate the intrigue that exists in the often overlooked everyday world. Using natural light he photographs real people and wild places with childlike abandon.
Travis is currently based in Seattle, Washington.
Clients include Filson, Lucchese Bootmaker, Popular Mechanics, Vice Sports, Danner Boots, Covey Rise Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal. Learn more about his work through recent interviews on Another Man Magazine, The Heavy Collective, Booooooom.com, and Wayward.
Top 5 happy hours
- Patxi’s - individual pizzas for incredible prices
- Billy Beach - some of the best sushi on happy hour almost all the time
- Girin - SSam plates and oysters and Korean Makgeolli which is a traditional liquor tasting somewhat like Kombucha for a very reasonable price.
- Drunky’s two shoe bbq - white trash tacos and shiner bock beers in Seattle
- Any Izakaya in Tokyo - smoking cigarettes indoors with Japanese business men and drinking high balls (whiskey with bubbly water)
Where do you take someone new to Seattle?
- State side and Foreign National for dinner and drinks. Pacific Inn for the real deal Seattle dive with cheap eats. Golden Gardens for a walk and one of the best Seattle scenes. Coffee served at Joe Bar. If it’s warmish, swimming at Lake Washington from Denny Blayne or the T-Dock.
What do you do to decompress from work?
- I work freelance so it’s mostly constant. To distract and indulge in real life I walk the dogs in the evening at Golden Gardens or Carkeek. Travel with friends and family. Grab BBQ or Sushi in our Chevy Truck. Put on a good record, light some candles, noodle on a guitar and blast off with the Goodship.